\Commuity service organisations are urged to apply for the Federal Governments Stronger Communities Programme— Round 4 Funding.
The Stronger Communities Programme supports the Australian Government’s commitment to deliver social benefits in communities across Australia. The program will fund small capital projects in each of the 150 federal electorates to improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant and viable communities
What does it offer?
A total of $22.5 million is available in round 4 of the program. Each electorate will receive $150,000 for allocation to successful applications. A maximum of 20 projects will be funded in each electorate. For each project, the grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
- The minimum grant amount is $2,500.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
No more than 50 per cent of your total eligible project costs can be funded from Commonwealth government grants. You can fund your share of eligible project costs from any source including state and local government. Your contribution can be either cash or in-kind.
How does it work?
Your local Member of Parliament (MP) may choose to participate in the program. If they do, they must consult with either an existing consultation committee or establish a new consultation committee with representatives from the local community. The MP and the consultation committee identify potential applicants and projects in their electorate. The identified projects must be consistent with the intended program’s outcomes and eligibility criteria. Your MP will invite potential applicants to apply for a grant to deliver specific small capital projects. The invitation will include a link to an online application form and details on how to apply. Your MP must advise the department of the basis for project selection. To be eligible you must be invited by your MP to apply and your project must:
- deliver social benefits to your community
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- have at least $5,000 in eligible expenditure
Your project should be scheduled for completion by 30 June 2019. The grant amount and the project in your application must be the same as that detailed in your invitation and reported by your local MP to the department.
Who can apply?
To be eligible you must
- be invited to apply by your MP
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation (the program guidelines provide detail on how you must demonstrate your ‘not-for-profit’ status)
- a local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property. You will be required to provide relevant trust documents.
For further information on program eligibility refer to the program guidelines.
Who is not eligible to apply?
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- a for profit organisation
- an individual
- a partnership
- a Regional Development Australia Committee
- a university, technical college or school
- a hospital
- a Commonwealth, State or Territory government agency or body (including government business enterprises) unless listed in section 5.1 of the program guidelines.
For more information please visit the Stronger Communities Programme please visit the Australian Government Business website, https://www.business.gov.au/Assistance/Stronger-Communities-Programme