A+ A- A

About Council

Learn more about the Hinchinbrook Shire Council

Mayor and Councillors

Learn more about your elected members

Citizenship Ceremonies

Hinchinbrook Shire Council Citizenship Ceremonies


Animals Barking/Straying

Barking Dog Issue

Step 1: Log a request with Council (please complete form below)

Step 2: Complete a diary of the noise nuisance for a minimum of 7 days

Step 3: Complaint will be actioned by Council 

Straying Dog Issue 

Please complete the form below. 

If the matter is an emergency (such as a dog attack) or requires urgent attention, please call (07) 4776 4600.

Hinchinbrook Shire Council is collecting your personal information to investigate details of barking or straying animals as stated in this webform. The collection of this information is authorised under the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008. Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party unless required by law. You may access this information on the appropriate form obtainable from Council's website at any time.

First Name


Phone Number

Email Address

Postal Address

Select one of the following options:-

Address the animal comes from (if known)

Description of Animal (breed, colour, size, sex)

Is the Animal aggressive?

Other information

Upload attachment/image - File size to be less than 500kb

Make a Request

Make a Request

Request a service, make an enquiry or report and issue.

Click here to find out more
Community Events

Community Events

Find out whats happening in the community! 

Click here to find out more