Hinchinbrook Storm Surge Study Final Report 2004
The Hinchinbrook Storm Surge Study has been carried out under the Natural Disaster Risk Management Studies Program administered in Queensland by the Department of Emergency Services.
The Storm Surge Study aimed to:
- Identify the true risk of storm surge inundation along the coastal of Hinchinbrook Shire
- South and western coastal regions of Great Palm Island
- Identify critical areas of concern arising from climatic changes
- Identify storm surge inundation by preparing storm surge hazard mapping
- Develop appropriate planning measures and response plans