A+ A- A

About Council

Learn more about the Hinchinbrook Shire Council

Citizenship Ceremonies

Hinchinbrook Shire Council Citizenship Ceremonies

Events Calendar

A place where you can find and share events that are happening in the Hinchinbrook community.


Business Licensing

Are you are starting a new food business or taking over an existing food business? Then you may need a Food Business Licence.

In this section you will find helpful information and resources to assist you in operating your food business.

If you require further information or assistance, please contact Council's Regulatory Services Department on (07) 4776 4600.


Queensland’s food legislation aims to ensure that consumers are provided with safe and suitable food by requiring businesses to meet food safety requirements. Follow the links below to the relevant food safety legislation in Queensland.

Other resources that may assist owners and/or managers in the conduct of their food business include:

Both Queensland Health and Local Government have responsibilities under the Food Act 2006. Environmental Health Officers are qualified professionals who are appointed as authorised persons charged with the administration, monitoring and enforcement of food safety legislation.

Footpath Dining 

Please note that Footpath Dining falls under Local Laws as a Prescribed Activity.