Hinchinbrook Shire Council offers a wide range of recycling facilities.
All households with a waste service are provided with a yellow lid wheelie bin for household recyclable waste. This bin is collected by Council’s waste contractor once a fortnight. Household recyclable waste includes:
- Hard plastics numbered 1 – 5 including milk bottles & ice-cream containers
- Aluminium and steel cans
- Empty aerosol cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Aluminium foil and trays.
Things NOT to put in your recycle bin include:
- ceramics, crockery & glassware
- soft plastics including plastic bags and cling wrap
- food scraps
- waxed cardboard
Additional recycling options are available at Council’s waste facilities free of charge:
- lead acid batteries – Warrens Hill and Halifax
- household batteries – Warrens Hill and Halifax
- mobile phones, chargers and power cables – Warrens Hill and Halifax
- steel – Warrens Hill and Halifax
- approved drumMUSTER chemical containers (identified by the drumMUSTER logo) – Warrens Hill and Halifax
- approved fertiliser bags – Warrens Hill and Halifax
- waste oil – Warrens Hill and Halifax
- household recycling – Warrens Hill and Halifax
- E-Waste (televisions, computers, printers and accessories) - Warrens Hill
Information on Hinchinbrook Shire Council very successful drumMUSTER recycling program can be found on this ABC article.