Federal Election Priorities
Whilst all candidates have expressed their support for the projects and policies put forward, no promises of cash or assistance have come our way.
The only formal commitment received was from Minister David Littleproud on behalf of LNP, the commitment being towards changing current Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) funding guidelines. The current ARENA funding guidelines do not promote government funding towards agricultural based renewable energy projects.
NQBE proposes renewable energy and fuel through cane stocks as a potential game changer for our main industry, sugar cane. A change to funding regulations will significantly enhance the prospects of a bio precinct in our district.
Bambaroo Rural Fire Brigade
The Bambaroo Rural Fire Brigade Shed was formally opened and handed over last Wednesday, 8 May 2019. It has been a long time coming and Council congratulates and thanks the members of the brigade, both past and present for their foresight, tenacity and perseverance in getting the project completed.
Congratulations are also in order for a number of our locals whom were formally recognised for their individual commitments to supporting their respective brigades over very lengthy periods.
The following members received medals for demonstrated commitment to ethical standards, personal integrity and diligent service over a prolonged period:
- Peter Quabba from the Seymour Brigade for 30 years of service.
- Robert Quabba from the Seymour Brigade for 30 years and six months of service.
- Peter Maltby from the Seymour Brigade for 19 years and ten months of service.
- Sebastian Coco from the Seymour Brigade for 11 years and two months of service.
- Sam Girgenti from the Seymour Brigade for 27 years and nine months of service.
- Helaine Gordon (nee Clerk) from the Bambaroo Brigade for 15 years of service.
- Paul Girgenti from the Seymour Brigade for 18 years and 10 months service.
- Wendy Gofton from the Seymour Brigade for 16 years and 10 months service.
- Bradley Morley from the Seymour Brigade for 11 years and two months service.
- Michael Toigo from the Seymour Brigade for 11 years and 10 months service.
Thank you for your service. You are valued members of our community and your selfless efforts in fighting fires for the protection of others is commendable and sincerely appreciated.
Need to print the Council Connections page? Click on the link below for the printable version.
COUNCIL CONNECTIONS - 15 May 2019