Federal Government Priorities 2019
Council has been active in lobbying for support for its priority projects. Council believes that the below projects will create jobs and enable growth of Hinchinbrook Shire’s economic potential in agriculture, tourism, recreation and cultural platforms, supporting the Australian Government’s Agenda for Northern Australia – the gateway to global markets and prosperity of the North.
- Access improvement works at Dungeness;
- The Business Case for ramp and jetty facilities at Forrest Beach;
- Heated agricultural product silo storage facilities;
- A formal commitment towards the North Queensland Bio-Energy Project;
- The Business Case for the Herbert River Weir Project to enhance tourism and agriculture;
- Dutton Street Bridge Flood Resilience Construction;
- Restoration of Financial Assistance Grants; and
- Dungeness Boat Ramp Car Park Extension.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD COUNCIL'S FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PRIORITIES