Applications are invited from suitably qualified people with expertise in financial management, risk management in addition to experience in public sector management to join Hinchinbrook Shire Council’s Audit Committee.
The appointment of an external independent member in an advisory role is required for a term of three years. The Audit Committee is an independent advisory committee and is responsible for assisting Council achieve its responsibilities for:
- The enhancement of the credibility and objectivity of internal and external financial reporting;
- Effective management of financial and other risks and protection of Council assets;
- Compliance with laws and regulations as well as use of best practice guidelines;
- The effectiveness of the internal audit function; and
- The provision of an effective means of communication between the external auditor, internal audit, management and Council.
Applicants should have an interest in the areas outlined above and be able to demonstrate qualifications and experience relevant to this role. A strong financial or risk management background with experience in public sector management and the ability to apply appropriate analytical and strategic management skills would be highly regarded.
Please refer to the current Audit Committee Charter on Council’s website for further information.
All enquiries should be directed to Director Corporate and Financial Services, Brett Exelby on 4776 4640. Expressions of Interest must include a resume and cover letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer via email email@example.com, in person at Councils Main Office, 25 Lannercost Street, INGHAM QLD 4850 or via post PO Box 366, INGHAM QLD 4850.
Expression of Interest close 5.00pm Friday 10 July 2020.