Artwork is to be delivered by 4.00pm Sunday 8 March 2020. Ensure that your work is within size and weight limits and meets hanging requirements (as outlined below). Please deliver your work without packaging, unless necessary for courier return. Please note that late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Collection of Works
Artwork can be collected from Monday 20 April to Sunday 3 May 2020, 10.00am – 4.00pm. Artworks not collected will be disposed of by the gallery. It is the responsibility of the artist to arrange courier collection and advise TYTO Regional Art Gallery via email.
All artwork entered in the Hinchinbrook Birdlife Art Awards is to be based on birds found in the Hinchinbrook region (a comprehensive list can be obtained by contacting the gallery.
Conditions of Entry
- Unless otherwise specified, sections are open to all ages
- All works must be available for purchase (no exceptions).
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and completed within the last twelve months.
- All entries must be new work and not exhibited in the TYTO Regional Art Gallery previously.
- All works must be dry and suitable for handling
- Two-dimensional works must be suitably framed or fitted for hanging (a stretched canvas is considered framed). Entries must be ready for display with “D” rings attached (preferably 10cm from the top of the fame). (Failure to comply will result in works being rejected. Photographs printed on glass or metal which cannot have “D” rings attached are not suitable installation in the gallery space).
- Three-dimensional works will be exhibited on a flat surface (plinth) unless otherwise instructed, The competitor needs to supply alternative supports if required. For three-dimensional installation pieces that cannot be displayed on a plinth, please contact the gallery for further instructions.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of three entries per section. Each artwork can only be entered in one section only. All artworks are eligible for the Open Award and the People’s Choice award regardless of section entered.
- The Open Award - Highly Commended recipient is also eligible to win the Local Artist Award and People’s Choice Award along with sections 1-6.
- The fee per entry is $25 for all sections. All entry fees are non refundable. Payment can be made via Cash, Eftpos or Cheque. Cheques are to be made out to Hinchinbrook Shire Council.
- Entries must be submitted on the official entry form (or a copy) together with entry fees forwarded to reach the council no later than 4.00pm Friday 21 February 2020. Late and unpaid entries will not be accepted.
- All artworks must be delivered to TYTO Regional Art Gallery, 73-75 McIllwraith St, Ingham no later than 4.00pm Sunday 8 March 2020. TYTO Regional Art Gallery is open 10.00am – 4.00pm 7 Days.
- Entries received after such time will not be eligible for entry. Please deliver your artwork without any packaging unless it is essential for safekeeping or required for return by courier.
- Works may not be collected until after the exhibition has closed. Works must be collected between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm from Monday 20 April until Sunday 3 May 2020 or by prior arrangement. Any entry not collected will be disposed of by the gallery.
- Sold works cannot be released to the buyer until the completion of the exhibition.
- All freight, insurance and transport costs in both directions, are the responsibility of the entrant. Each entrant is responsible for maintaining their own insurance coverage.
- The greatest possible care will be taken with all works, however works shall at all times remain at the risk of the entrant. Hinchinbrook Shire Council accepts no liability for loss or damage whatsoever whilst in it’s custody or during transit.
- All works sold will be subject to a commission of 20%.
- Exhibited entries may be reproduced in print and electronic media, including, but not limited to, exhibition catalogues, entry forms and information sheets, for the purpose of publicity and promotion of the Hinchinbrook Birdlife Art Awards and the TYTO Regional Art Gallery.
- TYTO Regional Art Gallery reserves the right to exclude any works that do not meet the conditions or are deemed not in keeping with the standards of the exhibition. The gallery reserves the right not to hang all entries if space is limited, All entries will be viewed by the judge.
- The Acting Manager of Economic and Community Development, reserves the right to make the final decision in regards to any issue relating to the organisation and administration of the Fifth Hinchinbrook Birdlife Art Awards.