Gambling Community Benefit Fund Recipients, VendorPanel Marketplace Community Forum and Upcoming Events
Hinchinbrook Gambling Community Benefit Fund Recipients
Congratulations to the below Hinchinbrook businesses in securing funds from Round 113 of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund:
- Herbert River Jockey Club Inc. for kitchen upgrades for $100,000;
- Herbert River Men’s Shed Inc. to purchase equipment for $12,550;
- Hinchinbrook Chamber of Commerce Industry and Tourism Inc. to purchase equipment for $9,859.90;
- Hinchinbrook Community Support Centre - Audrey’s Angels of Hope Inc. to purchase trailer and IT equipment for $6,265.00;
- Hinchinbrook Community Support Centre – Shock Boxing North Queensland to purchase gym equipment and mirrors for $18,710; and
- Tropical North Showjumping Club to purchase a tractor, trailer and electronic score board for $50,300.
Waste Oil Facility Temporary Closure
Due to contamination, the waste oil facility at the Warrens Hill Landfill and Resource Recovery Centre will temporarily cease accepting waste oil until further notice.
Please note, this facility accepts drained oil filters and waste oil only.
Council appreciates your understanding and apologises for any inconvenience this may cause, however Council have a duty of care to ensure this facility is safe before re-opening.
Residents and users will be advised when operations of the waste oil facility resume.
Survey and Control of African Tulip Trees
Notice is given that Council Officers will be undertaking inspections for African Tulip trees in riparian vegetation along creeks in the southern lower Herbert catchment, including Insulator Creek, Mosquito Creek, Waterfall Creek and Leichhardt Creek from Wednesday 20 July 2022, through to the end of August 2022, weather permitting.
This work is part of a partnered project funded by Terrain Natural Resource Management.
For further information, please contact Council's Biosecurity Team on 4776 4740.
Young Carers Connect
Young Carers Connect (YCC) is about having a laugh, playing games and meeting other young people from across Australia who care for others.
Relationships Australia in partnership with the Young Carers Team at Carers Australia are facilitating fortnightly connect sessions.
The connect sessions are scheduled as follows:
- 5.00pm Wednesday 27 July 2022 for young carers aged 12-17 years; and
- 6.00pm Thursday 4 August 2022 for young carers aged 18-25 years.
To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Date of Birth;
- Contact number;
- Email; and
For further information please email email@example.com.
Household Resilience Program
The Household Resilience Program Phase Three will open for new applications on Monday 1 August 2022.
The Household Resilience Program provides funding to help eligible homeowners in coastal parts of Queensland improve the resilience of their homes against cyclones.
To apply, you must:
- Live in a recognised cyclone risk area (in the area from Bundaberg to the Queensland/Northern Territory border within 50km of the coast);
- Own or be the mortgagor of a house built before 1984;
- Live in the home (it is your primary place of residence); and
- Meet the income eligibility requirements.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/3yw30dY.
VendorPanel Marketplace - Community Forums
Council is inviting local suppliers to attend a webinar session, presented by VendorPanel on how to use VendorPanel Marketplace to improve your chances of working with Council.
These sessions will cover the following points:
- Introduction from Hinchinbrook Shire Council;
- VendorPanel overview - How VendorPanel works with suppliers;
- Marketplace registration process;
- Register for regions of service;
- Navigate VendorPanel account, manage lists and colleagues;
- Respond to an opportunity; and
- Question and Answer session.
The sessions will be held at the TYTO Conference and Events Centre (Jacana Room) 73-75 McIlwraith Street Ingham:
- 10.00am to 11.30am on Tuesday 2 August 2022; and
- 2.00pm to 3.30pm on Wednesday 3 August 2022.
Registrations close 2.00pm Monday 1 August 2022.
For further information or to register, please visit Council's website VendorPanel Marketplace - Community Forum page.
Tropical Seniors Morning Tea
The time has come for Hinchinbrook Shire Council's annual Seniors Morning Tea.
This year Council welcomes you all to attend the tropical themed event.
There will be music and entertainment from local dancing schools and singing groups.
When: Friday 5 August 2022
Where: Hinchinbrook Shire Hall
Time: 9.00am to 12.00pm
Theme: Bright and Tropical
Prize for best dressed.
To secure a spot, please contact the Hinchinbrook Shire Library on 4776 4600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ingham Toyota Forest Rally
Hosted by Townsville City Autosports Club, the Ingham Toyota Forest Rally will be revving into action again on Saturday 20 August 2022.
The event will take place in the Lannercost and Abergowrie areas, with spectator points available at the corner of Jocks Lodge Road and Manor Creek Road Broadwater.
Rally cars will stop for servicing between stages at the CWA Abergowrie Hall grounds (beside the Ashton Hotel).
A number of Rallying Superstars have driven on the roads and rated them as some of the best Australia has to offer.
Come and enjoy the sights and sounds of rally cars flying through the forest.
Thanks to Hinchinbrook Adventures, Helicopter Joy Flights will be available on the day.
For further information please visit Townsville City Autosports Club - TCAC Facebook page.
Youth Group has commenced on Friday nights. Suitable for teens from grades seven to twelve.
When: Friday Nights (school terms only)
Where: The Knightclub
38 Herbert Street Ingham
Time: 6.30pm to 9.00pm
Cost: Free (optional $5 donation to contribute to dinner costs)
Please contact Joshua Walker on 0474 837 030 for further information.
Dean Schifilliti Shield Under Eight Carnival
Herbert River Junior Rugby League Club is hosting the Dean Schifilliti Shield Under Eight Carnival. This event is a sportsmanship carnival recognising team effort, attitude to other players, and general good behaviour and friendliness to others.
When: Saturday 3 September 2022
Where: Crushers Fields
This year a total of 24 teams are attending. Come down for a great afternoon.
Need to print the Council Connections page? Click on the link below for the printable version.
COUNCIL CONNECTIONS - 27 JULY 2022