Council is now calling for sponsorship applications for community activities and events occurring between 1 April and 30 June 2019.
Through Community Activity Grants, Council has successfully supported a variety of not for profit organisations, activities, and individual national sporting achievements with a total of $94,000 donated in 2018. This included the approval of $13,509 at Council’s December General Meeting which comprised of the following applications:
- Taylors Beach Progress Association for the Taylors Beach Family Fishing Competition
- Café Connect Alzheimer for Conroy Hall equipment
- Women in Sugar Herbert for the 2019 Women in Sugar Australia Conference
- Lachlan Buckman for School Sport Australia Track and Field Championships
- Hinchinbrook Sportfishing Club for Annual Club Activities and the North Queensland Sportfishing Championships
- Halifax Progress and Tourism Association for the final clearing of Riverway Park in Halifax
- Lucinda Progress Association for the 2018 Lucinda Christmas Carols.
Council’s investment in 2018 equated to potential output growth sales throughout the Shire in excess of $3.1 million.
Deputy Mayor Mary Brown said ‘Council offers quarterly grants throughout the year to help support local community groups within the Hinchinbrook Shire district. If you are a not for profit organisation, hosting an activity or event, or are an individual competing in a national sporting event then you may be eligible to apply for one of the Community Activity Grants.’
Financial assistance or Sponsorship is available in various categories, such as Community Achievement Activity, Community Activity Grant, One-off Community Activity support, Start-up organisations, Moderate Community Activity, Major Community Activity and Signature Regionally Significant Community Activity.
Council is committed to supporting community development and participation, such a scheme forms a critical aspect in this initiative and one that Council is proud to offer. For more details about the Community Activity Grants please visit Council’s website, Grants and Funding page.
Applications for activities and events occurring between 1 April and 30 June 2019 close on Monday 21 January 2019.