Hinchinbrook Shire Council is calling for nominations for Australia Day Awards to recognise citizens for their outstanding achievements or contribution to the community.
Hinchinbrook Shire Council Mayor Ramon Jayo said ‘Each year our nation celebrates and recognises the achievements and contributions of members of our community through Australia Day Awards. Award recipients not only make a positive impact within our community they also inspire us all to do better. I urge you, to nominate someone today’.
Categories for awards are as follows:
- Citizen Award - for persons 27 years or older on 26 January 2018
- Young Citizen Award - for persons under 27 years on 26 January 2018
- Junior and Senior Sports Awards - senior category over 18 years, junior category under 18 years
- Senior and Junior Cultural Awards – outstanding cultural achievement
- Community Event Award - most outstanding community event
- Individual Achievement Award - significant contribution to a local community group/s either as an official, coach, office bearer or in some other official or volunteer capacity
Any person who has been a resident of the Hinchinbrook Shire during 2017 is eligible to be nominated. Nomination forms and further information can be found on the Australia Day Celebrations page. Nomination forms can also be collected in person at Council’s Main Office, 25 Lannercost Street, Ingham.
Nominations close Monday 8 January 2018