- State Government let contract work is progressing at both Toobanna and Cattle Creek and Council continues to liaise with the Department of Transport and Main Roads to ensure that our fair share of locals
aregiven employment opportunities. As of June 2017, Council was informed that 27% of people inducted to work on the Cattle Creek site are residents of Ingham, having a listed residential postcode as 4850. 47% of people working on site are accommodated in Ingham. This is a combination of residents staying attheir own homes and residents of other areas staying in Ingham on roster. The remainder of people (approximately 53%) arespecialised staff who only attend site occasionally, or are people who are accommodated outside of Ingham and travel to the worksite.
- A little while ago I indicated to you that Council identified a number of projects that would assist
toachieving diversification of industry in our district and for which State Government assistance to progress was needed, given the size and complexity. I am now happy to report that Council has been successful in having the following projects accepted by the State Government for support and assistance under the State Maturing the Infrastructure Pipeline Program -
- Lucinda Deep Water Access Provision - Alleviation of sedimentation to enable all tide access to and from Lucinda for local boaties and tourism operators.
- Herbert River Intake Weir and Treatment System - Works to augment the districts water harvesting security
- Forrest Beach Sewerage Scheme - Works to implement a Sewerage Scheme in sectional sequence to resolve existing issues and to support increased growth opportunities as identified in the Vital Places Program prepared by Council circa 2005.
It should be noted that the purpose of the program is not to fund on-ground works, but rather to assist Council with professional services to develop the projects from concepts to shovel ready status. Assistance with the myriad of environmental compliance investigations and reporting issues is anticipated, given that all of Council’s projects are located adjacent the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
For further information on any of the listed projects please do not hesitate to contact Council at your convenience.