Starting on 27 October 2017 Council is once again offering the Rural Clean Up. The Rural Clean Up is an important part of Councils comprehensive waste management program. It gives residents who live significant distances from a waste facility a chance to clean up their yards and remove waste prior to the cyclone season.
Waste collection skips and bins will be placed at the following locations throughout the Hinchinbrook Shire on the dates indicated below:
- Long Pocket from 27 October to 3 November - 1 skip bin
Abergowrie Road, near Ashton Hotel
- Crystal Creek from 1 November to 7 November - 20 wheelie bins and from 3 November to 6 November - 1 skip bin
East end of Crystal Creek Road
- Mount Fox from 3 November to 10 November - 1 skip bin
Mt Fox Road - at waste transfer pad
- Stone River from 10 November to 17 November - 1 skip bin
Stone River Road - near Wilmar Farm
- Abergowrie from 17 November to 24 November - 1 skip bin
Abergworie Road - Corner of Venables Road
- Mosquito Creek from 24 November to 1 December - 1 skip bin
Bruce Highway - near Mosquito Creek
- Hawkins Creek from 1 December to 8 December - 1 skip bin
Hawkins Creek Road - old bulk bin site
This collection is for non-commercial, non-hazardous waste only (no oil, chemicals, asbestos, tyres, batteries or similar). Please do not overfill skips and do not place waste on the ground.
If the skip is full please ring Josh Lannen (MAMS) on 0412 761 834 to ensure prompt servicing.