This licence is required under the Dangerous Goods Safety Management Act 2001 by the occupier of a premises to store flammable or combustible liquid on the premises. Flammable and combustible liquids include petroleum products which are readily ignited and other chemicals when storage exceeds minor amounts as established in Australian Standard 1940 Table 2-1. Additionally if you store over 10,000 Litres of fuel on site you are also required to hold a Registration Certificate under the Environmental Protection Act 1994. To apply for a registration certificate please refer to Council's Town Planning Services on 4776 4600.
- a Class 3 liquid of Packaging Group I
- a Class 3 liquid of Packaging Group II
- a Class 3 liquid of Packaging Group III
- a combustible liquid that has a flashpoint of 150 degrees Celsius or less
- a combustible liquid that has a flashpoint exceeding 150 degrees Celsius
The boiling point is taken to mean that point at which it is no longer possible to achieve the rate of temperature rise required ASTM D92 for the fire point test.
To log a request or for further information about this topic please contact Environmental Health Services on 4776 4607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Portable packages for flammable and combustible liquids. A person must not dispense flammable or combustible liquid into a portable package unless it is:
- a substantial leak-proof metal container with a tight fitting closure; or
- container complying with Australian Standard 2906 "Fuel Container – Portable - Plastics and Metal" or;
- an approved container
Storage of flammable and combustible liquids on premises
An occupier of premises must not store flammable or combustible liquid on the premises, or permit flammable or combustible liquid to be stored on the premises, except under a licence.
Alteration to premises or business
A licencee must give written notice to the local government before:
- a material alteration or addition to licenced premises is made; or
- a material change in the nature of the business, trade or industry carried on at the premises is made.