Current water restrictions (if applicable) are publicised on this site on the Home Page under "News".
Tips on How to Save Water
- Wash the car with a bucket of water. Don't leave the hose running.
- Turn the tap off when you brush your teeth and use a glass of water to rinse.
- Install a drip irrigation system in the garden and a timer device on the tap when sprinkling.
- Water your garden early in the morning or at night to reduce evaporation.
- Sweep pathways, don't hose them.
- Repair all leaks.... even a small leak can be wasting up to 200 litres a day!
- Convert to a 6 litre / 3 litre dual-flush toilet. The average family will save 34,000 litres of water per year.
FACT: The average family uses about 1,300 litres of water per day !
Residents are reminded that water restrictions remain in force throughout the year. Water restrictions are on an odd and even basis as listed below.
Water Restrictions - Sprinklers Only.
Even numbered houses - Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Odd numbered houses - Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Sprinklers are not permitted on Sunday.
Hand held hoses are permitted on any day.