Council has resolved to determine siting requirements for Class 1 and associated Class 10 buildings and structures with the provisions and performance criteria stated in the Queensland Development Code MP 1.2. General information regarding siting requirements for any proposed building and structures in Village and Residential Zoned areas can be obtained by contacting Council's Town Planning Services on phone (07) 4776 4609 or by accessing Queensland Development Code MP 1.2.
Should you consider that you have sufficient good reason to build closer to the boundary than allowed, a Siting Relaxation Application for Front Boundary and/or a Siting Relaxation Application for Side and/or Rear Boundary is to be submitted to Council for consideration.
The above mentioned Siting Relaxation Applications should include the following:
Scaled Site Plan of the lot concerned showing all structures (proposed and existing) and including distances from the boundaries
Scaled Elevation Plans showing the front, side and rear elevations of the proposed structure
A signed letter from adjoining owners
Photographs are optional, however may assist with the application
Application for Siting Relaxation fee of $162.20
Council determines siting requirements for buildings and structures with the specific outcomes, probable and acceptable solutions set in the Hinchinbrook Shire Planning Scheme. General information regarding siting requirements for any proposed building and structures in Rural Zoned or Industry Zoned areas can be obtained by contacting Council's Planning Services on 07 4776 4609 or by accessing Hinchinbrook Shire Planning Scheme – Chapter 6.9 Rural Zone Code.
Please note that any buildings, structures and open use areas are to be setback from boundaries as follows, to ensure that the amenity of adjoining land and the character (where applicable) of the locality area is maintained:
- 20m from any road frontage of the site or behind the line of an existing dwelling, whichever is the lesser;
- 10m from all other site boundaries; and
50m from any existing dwelling on an adjoining lot.
Should you consider that you have sufficient basis to build closer to the boundary than stipulated by the Planning Scheme, a Building Works Assessable against a Planning Scheme (BWAP) application is to be submitted to Council for consideration including the following:
- Scaled site plan of the lots concerned showing all structures (proposed and existing) on each lot with distances to boundaries;
- Scaled plans of the proposed structure showing elevations and floor layout plans;
- Signed letter from the adjoinging owners would be an advantage, however is optional;
- Payment of the $160.00 application fee; and
- Letter stating reasons why the siting relaxation is required and any other supporting information.