The Business Development Survey is designed to inform Council about current business activities within the region and will be used to assess how we are able to support and contribute to the growth and development of the Hinchinbrook Shire.
Business owners and managers are encouraged to complete the survey as this will result in an accurate assessment of the current business environment and inform future decision making.
Please click here to complete the survey.
Hard copy surveys are also available at Council’s main office, 25 Lannercost Street, Ingham and Libraries around the Shire.
The Business Development Survey will close on Monday 19 June 2017
CHEMCLEAR WASTE CHEMICAL DISPOSAL - REGISTER BY 28 APRIL 2017
AgSafe are conducting their ChemClear collection throughout Queensland in 2017. To arrange to dispose of your unwanted chemicals you can register with ChemClear online at www.chemclear.org.au or phone them on 1800 008 182. Registrations close on 28 April 2017.
Eligible chemicals are free. Eligibility requirements for free collection are:
- Readable product labels
- Not mixed with any other product
- Within two years of the expiry date or deregistration.
Collection of other chemicals can be quoted on registration.
SERVICING OF GREASE TRAPS IN HINCHINBROOK
Council wishes to advise that Cleanaway is providing grease trap servicing in your area.
To book a grease trap service ring Cleanaway on 47747333 or 1 800 158 942.
This information is provided as a community service, Council recommends you do your own research and compare pricing before engaging a contractor.
ROADWORKS NOTICE: ANNUAL PRE-SEASON GRADE WORKS
Council wishes to advise that the annual pre-season grading works are scheduled to be undertaken on the following roads, with the proposed date for works commencing 11 May 2017, and completion anticipated by 7 July 2017, weather permitting.
- Stone River Area - 11/05/2017
- Wallaman Falls Area - 15/05/2017
- Long Pocket Area - 19/05/2017
- Abergowrie Area - 26/05/2017
- Hawkins Creek Area - 6/06/2017
- Cardwell Range Area - 20/06/2017
- Bambaroo Area - 19/06/2017
- Halifax/Forrest Beach Area - 21/06/2017
- Bosworth Road/Orient Road Area - 30/06/2017
During this time, the following guidelines will be in place:-
- The speed limit may be reduced to 40km/hr through work zones at times
- Traffic controllers operating when needed
- Ongoing works will occur between 7.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Single lane road operation may occur
If you have any queries regarding the works being undertaken, please do not hesitate to contact Council on 4776 4671 or the Site Supervisor, Robert Milne, on 0437 089 704.
We apologise for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience whilst the roadworks are taking place.